Wednesday, September 14, 2016

harpy wife *high five* & unhappy friend

Back from our girls trip -  husband says "nobody questioned me and I did what I wanted while you were gone" and the wife responds "I'm ba-aack! You totally missed me. What is this shit you're watching? Will you get my Halloween boxes from the attic?"... heheheee

It was fun, got a little tipsy saturday (rum always gets me) I got a good tan....JUST LOVE THAT PLACE!!! *sigh*

Kinda worried about  M though...she's a little grumpy, had a hard time relaxing. Overall not seeming totally happy and it just seemed to progressively get worse?

We couldn't figure out if it was because she missed her husband or he did/said something to bother her, or since she works from home now she's losing social skills and just wants to hermit or....I dunno. Kinda wished she was the kind (like us) to bitch about how shitty her husband can be and then let it go. 'Cause whatever was bothering her was kind of a buzzkill for the rest of us...oy.

I can't really relate to the wife that always wants her husband right next to her -
again.... no matter how much I like being around Jamie, I think we do better when we can just be away from each other for a few days every once in a while.
Or if he said something that bothered me, I don't do well with letting it sit and fester - that NEVER goes well for him or me.


She's so nice and sweet though...not at all like me in how she deals with her husband - there's no way my opinion or advice could apply. Hate seeing her not happy though.

Finished (cause I had time at the beach!)
Lenora Bell's - Only Had a Duke - was wary of the spoiled, suppressed one. Author did well! Brought me/her around. 
Found Sophie Jordan - really like her stuff! - 1 and 2 of the Debutante series - loved Ari and Max! Started the Penwich series. 
Also finished Susan Enoch - Mad, Bad etc...eh not terrible. Just that Sophie Jordan had a similar premise in her 2nd Debutante book that's much better than this one. Think I've tried Enoch a couple times now - just not really my style so not continuing with her.