Wednesday, September 21, 2016

back to the real west texas

So we leave to converge in El Paso tomorrow morning for the funeral -

weird hold EP has on people -  I hate it. I don't like going back there.
It's stagnant, nobody wants to change or evolve, it's dirty and brown everywhere. There's nothing to do.

But I find myself thinking that since this is probably one of the last few times (if not the last) I'm going to go "home",
I want to savor the food and feel the oldness of it 'cause no matter how hard they try, the desert wins and nothing will ever feel new for long.
I want to watch the desert sunset (the only truly beautiful I can say about it)  I hope it's real f'n good one.


and then say fuck you el paso - you did nothing but mostly bring me down.
And never look back again.

And so I've been Chris Knight'ing (and Slaid Cleaves'ing) all day today -
'cause good, real stories/music are just doing it for me today

But I’m thankful for the things I have,
And all the things I don’t.
And I’ve got dreams that will come true,
I got some that won’t.
Most the time I just walk the line, wherever it goes
‘Cuz you can’t hang yourself if you ain’t got enough rope.

There’s a tavern down the highway, I go to drink some beers
And wash down all I’m missin’ by hangin’ around here....
.....
Yeah I get on with my life