Friday, September 16, 2016

20s vs 30s

Dropped Jamie off this morning at the airport for his New Mexico guys weekend trip.
Pretty sure I know what I'm doing this weekend - read- fest!

Well... that and fall/halloween decorating!!! MY FAVORITE SEASON!!!

Finished more Sophie Jordan:
The Debutante novella - whew fast.
1st Penwich - liked him more than her.
And 1st of the Ivy series - ok -  i guess? i like her historicals MUCH better - Cora Carmack is the only New Adult gal I've stuck with. She's got the whole awkward-ness thing, at that age, down pat!!

SPEAKING OF!!!- when we were at the bar in Destin girls trip last weekend, a really cute young 20-something drunk guy asked how I was doing (in a not-so- subtle suggestive way) while we were walking by. Not that it wasn't slightly flattering but... seriously was he flirting with me?!!! HAAA! So it got me to thinking

My 20 something, non-married ness - would've been like "I'm fine" and just kept walking -  kicking myself that I didn't stop and talk to him.



Me,  present day (in my married 30-ish ness) - said "I'm fantastic! you look like you're feeling great." and I wanted to buy him another drink and talk to him just so I could observe how 20 something men work now-a-days.
I'm SURE that he would've been fascinating entertainment!!!!  ...for a little while anyway....

Alas.... I just continued on - even in my own state of tipsy-ness i realize - one wrong move and intentions are misconstrued....*sigh* 
besides no need to waste his time solely for my entertainment right?
but ooo i wanted to. People watching is so much fun!

In a Ashley Monroe mood!