Tuesday, November 22, 2016

cravings, college and wild fires

so ready to see North Carolina and the smoky mountains this weekend....heard nothing but good things - stupid wild fires better not ruin my moment. I've wanted to see the Smokies even before even reading Hunger Games. I miss mountains....

recap from last weekend -
craving deep dish pizza we tried Gino's East in Dallas hoping it would be close to the Chicago original and it was so bad we sent it back- bummer

Went back down into Dallas for my aunts art show in the design district and talked to my cousins for a while. On a side note: I got so pissed off at Jamie, he actually lasted being quiet for about 10 minutes when I told him not to talk to me
(....I'd laugh but I really was pissed.)
 Then I got over it...it's seriously too much effort to be mad all the time. I don't know how people do it.


Family thanksgiving went well. No politics (like newslines are warning). I gave Kris a "how to college" book I bought on amazon and wrote a letter on the inside-
he looks at it and goes "a book...noooo" ha. I wish I had it before going into college though...lotsa stuff in there nobody tells you and you don't usually figure out until too late. Who knows...maybe he'll get bored and skim through it...crossing fingers.

About politics though - is it weird that I'm betting that all my favorite songwriters are gonna be putting out some really good songs here soon (after all of this past years fodder?)....just saying.

finished  YA -  Elsewhere by gabrielle zevin - and actually liked it a lot. What a great idea. It read a little immature/simplistic but the lead is 15! duh! 

Also read Confess by Colleen Hoover - pretty good but oy... heavy. I have another of hers ready to read but I think i'm gonna hold off 

and I finished another one....well dammit I can't remember what it was now...and so we micky and the motorcars