Monday, January 9, 2017

the kind that's flawed

I'm meeting with a buncha girl strangers to discuss books tonight.
yep! always excited to talk with people that've "lived a thousand lives".

I was gonna wear my book boyfriends tshirt, but figured that this is a "first date" (heh!) some bookish gals are skittish and I'm (admittedly) a little much to handle in my excitement sometimes. So I'ma tone it down a little ....or try to anyway

Also I'm saving Jamie the add to his "nerd wife tales" for a later time.

watched the golden globes - Meryl Streep's perceived insult about football and mixed martial arts "not being an art" bothered Jamie last night. He thought it was elitist to say it "like how she did".

I guess I kind of get it ...and especially reading the twitter responses he wasn't the only one.

What baffles me is, that pissed people off but
  • someone mocking the disabled 
  • Trump U fraud settlement
  • Russian hacking
  • saying a woman should be punished for making choices regarding her body, 
  • calling most Mexicans that come into the U.S, rapists and murderers, 
  • bullying the Scottish out of their land to build a golf course...
  • your president-elect being proud of not paying taxes and not showing his tax records
etc. - doesn't really get the same outrage?
Well...hmmm.

Finished
Elder Races #1 - Thea Harrison - I learned long ago that I'm not much of a "dragon story" person but this one wasn't bad. I think I'll take a look at the second one in the series.
Re-read - Wallflowers #1- Lisa Kleypas - all i remembered was the shoe part. Down on her luck girl tries to lock down titled husband but then comes Simon *sigh*. I forget how much I like Kleypas stories.
Matchmaker #1 - Candace Camp - I skipped some but there's potential here I think as it moves forward.
Catch a Falling Heiress - Laura Lee Guhrke - nope. I think this was my second time trying this one. My kindle read 3%. I just couldn't get into it. 
Magnate - Joanna Shupe - not bad just not all that great either - she reads kinda fringe for me.

Old 97's! - Tell me that you like the songs that tell the story of real love, the kind that's flawed