Tuesday, January 3, 2017

who is this person in my room

We did our usual NYE dinner and bar and home by 9.
Our open house NYD Sunday was good as usual, people started coming at 10am lasting through the night -  and yes again made for a long day. oy...
Didn't help that I've been battling a cold/allergies - I up and went to bed by 10 leaving Jamie to handle the last two holdouts - his friends since childhood.
I didn't feel bad about it either.

Then one of their girlfriends showed up and convinced Jamie to walk them into our room to wake me up out of a dead sleep cause she "wanted to meet me".

I can't see shit and she's telling me I'm so beautiful and I don't know what else she's saying bouncing around...
Needless to say Jamie and I had words after I got home from work yesterday.
Seriously...w.t.f.

Anyway, I'm trying to be optimistic about 2017...when really, in deep recesses, it feels like I'm on constant watchfulness...
I'm not really liking this "newer" me....it's like I've aged 10 years in 10 months.
Hopefully I'll grow out of it....being so serious is so stereotypical adult...and so boring. 

Again (as most always) reading is a relief.
Finished:
Alex by Sawyer Bennett - a hockey-ish story. Dad issues - he's cold and hates everyone/thing until he meets her. Sexy times, she admits her love, he breaks up with her changes his mind - didn't do much for me but I finished. eh.

Almost finished: First Star I See Tonight - SEPhillips - definitely like the girl lead more than most I've recently read. Pretty good!