Wednesday, June 17, 2015

faith

My car played a Cory Morrow song -
my most vivid memory of him is him on stage, yelling at girls (in a drunken rant) to take their shirts off over Mardi Gras weekend in Galveston.

And now I see him posting about the glory of God and apparently no longer drinking.

I see nothing wrong with a person having faith. Maybe it helped his drinking problem?

I just think those that have to constantly talk about it give (me) the impression they're overcompensating for an actual lack of it (or something else) that's a void in their life.

The worst is when people try to shame you into joining their beliefs.

Like when Jamie and I were at a festival a few years back.
I was waiting for him when a guy at a booth waved me over.

He starts nice, normal conversation then says "Have you ever looked at someone other than your husband and thought them attractive?".  "Of course." I said.
"Do you ever use foul language or take the lords name in vain?"  - "Yep."
"Do you believe in God?". I respond "It's a personal matter, but yes, I think for even the simple fact of being capable of love and being loved in return lends itself to reason that there is a higher power."

"You're a sinner, leading yourself to Hell with lustful thoughts" he responds (with weird/crazy eyes) "God wants you to repent and you must turn to him."

REALLY?!!
for the meer fact that he , a total stranger, tells me that i "must" do something (especially in that condescending tone) just makes me want to do the total opposite.

(Ask my husband, he knows all about that)

Sorry guy...you totally represented your religion in the worst possible manner IMO.
MORE:  I've known atheists less judgemental. I detest hypocracy.

One of my favorite Cory Morrow songs:




Vagrants and kings and in betweens

You know we've all felt alone

But this life can make your heart, hard as a stone

Even if you think you don't need it

Right when you think, you'll never feel it

Every once in a while

Love finds, love finds everyone