Monday, June 15, 2015

Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada!!!

We're back from Las Vegas!
We did it a little different this time. We did some "grown folk" stuff.

Kayaking  - the Colorado river/dam water was sooo wonderfully cold for it being 100+ outside -  it was work, two miles upstream - my shoulders were aching in the first 20 minutes. You get used to it though!...Not sure I'll kayak again? but I enjoyed it overall.

and taking the helicopter tour was great...perhaps even better if it hadn't been so hot...but still! (even with the sticker shock for the helicopter fee).. for a once in a lifetime experience The Grand Canyon was AMAZING!

 

The food was wonderful, the secreto at Jaleo was as good as we remember. Mesa Grill's cactus margarita, tamale were better than I remember. We also tried the hidden pizza place and China Poblano at the Cosmo. I'm not the biggest fan of the fusion food thing but China Poblano was interesting. I for sure liked the mexican tacos. And now with this second stay at the Cosmo I again confirm this is the best hotel to stay in on the strip.

We saw MANY of the sterotypical drunk, partially clothed, mid-20's folk everywhere. It's kind of a rite of passage though...you just have to shake your head with a reminiscent smile.

I must say that going with a small 12-ish? group does add to the experience. We took over a couple black jack tables and it makes for fun time when we went on a good run. I'm glad we got them to see downtown too...much less expensive than the strip.

We went to  Hyde at the Bellagio, and sure enough, it was a super awesome view of the fountains. Much better than seeing them from the outside.

I think my luck has officially run out in LV...I didn't win anything, damn you Wheel of Fortune - *shakes fist* - but I went in with the expectation that I probably wouldn't, so the few "free spins" I got were great fun!

And so yep yet again I got super tired, very full and a little tipsy - classic Las Vegas staples for me -

With this go, it was likely our last time to LV, NV. We've seen/done everything we wanted to do.
Bye Bye!! (well...until maybe the next time a smallish group of friends/family go again ;0) ) 

I read Emma Chase's new one Overruled , a good one! made me want to slap him upside the head a few times though for his total unawareness. Again I think she's the closest I've read to how I think men sometimes actually think. I also like the dual POV .

And now re-reading Gena Showalter's Burning Dawn - I forgot how much I liked this one!