Monday, July 20, 2015

i heeded my married life lesson

Saw Trainwreck on Thursday and laughed so hard I cried. Totally crude/definitely over the top at times but honest. I love honest.

Then had dinner Friday night with Jamie's friend who brought his girlfriend of 6 months.
They showed up late and it pissed me off.
I was over people that think it's ok to waste someone's time a long time ago. 

But...married life lesson #436 - if one of jamie's friends sets Brenda off, Brenda must make an effort to try to stop going into "B" mode for said husband you made vows to. Most were there before you so they've earned some rights...

So I think I put on a good face...well mostly...
until I got over it. It's too exhausting for me to be pissed off for too long. 

And then they let known they're about to get engaged. After 6 months!!! WTF?

Not that I'm "Ms. Relationship expert" but it's pretty widely known that the first year-ish of a relationship is basically a show of the "best of".
After that, the realness starts coming out and then you'll really see how you can bear that person's craziness (everyone has it) the rest of your life.
....there's been zero time for that here.

And seriously...you..new girl...you were already showing your crazy. And it's kinda surprising cause I thought most of us 30's girls have learned the art of hiding/handling the crazy better? 

PLUS I've got 12 years of earning the right for Jamie to bear my bitching at him.You've got no base here yet really (beside him being starry eyed right now).  Better watch yourself.

Whatever. I'll get off my high horse and stop judging now.

Otherwise (besides snacking all weekend) this was me the rest of the weekend:


I re-read some oldies but goodies or read (or partially read)  Tessa Bailey, Skye Jordan, Dee Palmer books. Of those three probably Skye Jordan's Reckless was the best? Nothing great.