Tuesday, July 14, 2015

saint's heart in a sinner's skin

I picked up two complete opposite books
One was Brawn - Paranormal, genetic enhancements, erotica-ish,
the other was what turned out to be a Christian novel called One Last Thing 

and they both got on my nerves (and the skimming commenced....)

in the first  - The leads had instant attraction yeah but just because they were thrown together doesn't mean I'm character involved. Sexy times? woo but I mostly didn't care, so who cares.

And not my first foray into reading a Christian novel and definitely not at the top of my list...this lead is mad because she finds out her fiance is not who she thought and it causes her to question herself and "fix" things.

*eye roll* not everything is about you, you, you.
People know exactly what they're doing, there's a reason why they do things.
Praying for someone is great...how about also trying to just listen to them without trying to "fix" them.

get over yourself.

I got the best of intentions, but the worst follow through
Sometimes when the night falls, it can cover up the truth
And there’s no excuse, except for everyone I make
It goes on and on and on and on