Monday, July 27, 2015

my throw back (and clothes) Dallas staycation

We did a "staycation" over the weekend.
Drove downtown and stayed at the Belmont (definitely a fun retro Dallas feel),
had pool time (I lasted 20 minutes in this ridiculous heat but a great view of DT Dallas from their pool),
uber'd to a wonderful dinner at FT33 (yes uber is the way - be responsible! And it's nice being driven and have someone new to talk to...especially when you're a little tipsy)
and then uber'd to a burlesque show at the Kessler Theater (another great old timey venue).

Not sure I'd go to another burlesque show? - pretty sure I've seen enough boobie tassel twirling to last me - but I was entertained for the most part. I liked the flirty/coquettish ones. I mean sexy and seductress is great but fun is better.



And honestly, after seeing "of age" women on stage.... I didn't realize how tired I was of seeing mostly naked under/barely formed teenaged girls pouting and posing everywhere online, tv etc. There's just a major lack of confidence and life experiences and just being a fully grown woman there.

Anyway, finished the second of the 5th Wave series - I've figured that I'm not a fan of multiple POV and when he started with Ringer, a girl I vaguely remembered from the first book, it pretty much set the pace for "engaged enough to finish but not fully committed". It was kind of all over the place. Back and forth. Betrayal and sacrifice.  Still...I finished. I'll read the next (last?).

Also read historical Grace Burrowes - The Captive - I finished it. Maybe I'll read more?