Friday, September 18, 2015

catching up (girls/ light / glitter)

Girls night was fun! our husbands are cool but it's nice to just be you without your chosen every once in a while. I'm glad we did that.

And so we caught up a little with my college freshman dormmate that I hadn't seen in years (the glory of FB) she told us she's divorcing because she found out her husband recently fathered two children by two different women. Oy...tough.

I can see how it's changed her. Hard to describe but she has such a light - fun loving, never met a stranger kind of person -

and she still has it...but it's just a little shadowed now.

Her eyes are... harder?

Shame on people who take peoples light away. But good for her for being able to keep even some of it (and hopefully getting it all back one day) - she's doing her band thing and they sounded really good.

Being at that venue brought back memories of dancing to this Eleven Hundred Springs song live way back when. Good band..good times!

I'm meeting up with my gal C for lunch tomorrow (been a long while there too), then going to the Rangers game, then my sister and I on Sunday before Jamie gets back home and football/Cowboys fanaticism resumes.

I've also got KMM's Burned to read, I think I'd rather read Christina Lauren's new one though first.

oh BUT FIRST FIRST I'm so excited!!!! once I get out of work I'm breaking out my halloween stuff and arts&crafts-ing!!!
No one shares my enthusiasm....but oh well. Project Halloween glitter bomb blowout is on!
I bought a huge skull at Home Depot. I'm making it into a sugar skull. I've got a whole rainbow of paint colors and stickers and glitter...YAY!!!

...we'll see how I'll mess it up...ha.