Monday, September 28, 2015

book bored and moon struck

hyped as similar to Gone Girl i had to force myself to finish reading The Girl on the Train - weak characters, predictable plot. Just didn't do it for me.... ugh.

I heard Emily Blunt is cast as the lead in the movie they're making though. This may be one of the few times the movie is better than the book. I like her. 

I also read L. Ione's Hades - again i like her play on good/evil. In this case, the book itself was not great but not bad. She's losing me though...such a bummer...i love her demonica series.

Then re-read Ward's Lover Avenged thinking that maybe I'd like it better - but no I still think she could've done so much better with his story. His was one I was looking forward to and it was just eh.

And so I guess that's the theme here - i was book underwhelmed this weekend. boooo.

We did manage to do a whole lotta nothing otherwise though. It was nice.

The blood moon - looking at it...it's just amazing, and yeah a little creepy cause it really did look bloody. You just have to think and wonder how that would've freaked people out in history. I mean just imagine! So awesome.