Monday, September 7, 2015

sweet Memphis Belle!

Memphis was fun! No it's not very pretty but the food is wonderful - that moves it way up in my book.
PLUS the people were very friendly.
I forget that about the South...Dallas has just really lost it's Southern-ness with the influx of people moving here.
There's hardly even any pretending to be nice anymore...ugh.


And so...back to Memphis....not sure why people are so obsessed with the ducks at the Peabody hotel?
Rendevous too was just kind of "eh". But Paynes BBQ (yummm!) , Gus's fried chicken, Bryant's breakfast and Restaurant Iris were all really good. And worth the wait. We sat at Blues Hall Juke Joint on Beale Street too for a bit - I think for sure we'd do that again if we ever go back! Fun.

I say the best way to see Memphis is sit at a bar somewhere and talk to people (that are highly likely to be cool talking with you)...I love those kindsa towns.

Read Joanna Schupe - mostly good, I'll read more.
Reading the second of  Laura Lee Guhrke's American Heiress series. It's kinda slow....

so I'm also reading a YA that my sister has told me is very popular right now called The Ascenders. Yet another YA being made into a movie (or tv show?).
I'm about half way through and though it's a good story concept there are dumb one-liners in there that throw me off. It's starting to drag a little in the middle AND there are contradictions too. Enough for even me to notice.

Back to household chores. And work tomorrow...