Friday, September 25, 2015

to eat. so good.

I finished the book...and those pictures in MP's Home for Peculiar Children are real! Talk about creepy. 

We met up at the new-ish place for dinner last night
and so... sushi is slowly but surely redeeming itself for me. I've got my training wheels back on. 

I had a terrible first experience - it didn't help that most of the portions are big and there's no getting around putting the whole thing in your mouth. But...oh well...guess I'll get over it. First world problems. 
Regardless - it was good. And we had fun the old school way, over a good meal and bottles of wine (and maybe some moonshine someone thought would be a good idea to bring..?).

And so about the Pope... it's a strange thing. I don't really consider myself Catholic anymore, I just question too many things, but seeing the pope on tv and knowing how my Ita would've loved him and would've been watching him all day gets me all teary eyed.

I wonder if his presence/speeches had anything to do with Boehner's resignation?

I think Jamie and I are heading to the lakehouse / East Texas and the slower pace this weekend.
I feel a bookfest coming on...yay!!!