Tuesday, November 3, 2015

not every girl

our friends ancestry.com dna test results came back today!

*best gift every time we give it*

Super interesting! and she's an ALL OVER Europe gal - coulda sworn she had native american but nope...

Given that her mother is adopted and she doesn't know who her father is, I really hope it gives her a little more sense of self.

being too conventional is boring in my opinion though...
I "act like a white girl" for Mexicans
I "don't look Mexican" to Americans
"where's my accent" for a Texan? (...ummm maybe cause I grew up in Canada...?)
"You speak Spanish?!" "You listen to country?!"

But honestly...the older I get the more I like that I'm all of the above.

Fixin' to start reading Luckiest Girl Alive - we'll see....

She’s a flighty good time buddy in the corner of the bar
But she’d fight the Devil for ya just for being who you are
And she’s the last to cast a stone though she’d love to leave you mad
Aw she’s every friend I’ve ever had