Monday, November 9, 2015

yes to the Wurst disturbed Luckiest dressed Girl

we headed for Wurstfest this weekend. Can't handle going both days anymore though so I told Jamie I was ditching him on Friday, got myself a hotel room out near New Braunfels and caught on (and marathon watched) a show called "yes to the dress".
Also read, then slept for 10 hours.
Nothing against my beloved... but alone-time is GRAND!!! I really think I'm going to continue this idea. 

This is not at all true...

That "yes to the dress" show is a little disturbing though...I really think some of these girls are not going in to marriage with their head right.
There was one that spent $24,000 on her wedding dress AND bought another "after ceremony" dress for like $16,000. Seriously...it's just unnecessary.

I'll tell you a secret...make yourself pretty (of course) but spend your money on an open bar and a mashed potato bar and your people will love you.

Another disturbing story was reading Jessica Knoll's Luckiest Girl Alive -... I pretty much didn't like the lead for most of the book - she had very few redeeming qualities even though a few times I felt angry on her behalf - but... the most troubling part (besides the obvious) was that her "american girl" story - the comparisons, the snideness, the narcissism -  is not wholly unrelateable.

Wurstfest was fun! as always...i just don't think you can be angry or unhappy drinking with friends and hearing/dancing to polka music.