Monday, November 16, 2015

why you worried 'bout me...

so it's hard to concentrate but I'm gonna start with what made me happy this weekend.
Dinner at Knife was ok, the pig barbacoa was really good. Everything else was just eh.

the Rebirth though....they're just so fun. 
Joyous, lively and I think I'm a little sore from dancing.

I think the friends enjoyed them too. How could they not. A weird thing is that the Granada closed at 11. What's up with that...? Paris attacks..maybe...

I'm also happy that Death with Dignity National center asked me for my story and put it up on their new site. Hopefully any little bit of awareness helps their cause.

I've started reading the last Breed novel. It's contradictory...not the biggest fan so far.

and so *sigh* here i go cause I can't not say anything.
my mind is boggled with responses I'm seeing on social media - the accusations and the name-calling and the pointing fingers
...shouldn't we be figuring out how to help stop terrorist attacks rather than deflect and twist tragedy to personal agendas?

The Governor of Texas wrote a letter to the President today stating that Texas will not accept Syrian refugees.

On my facebook feed alone it's dividing people.

Like...one facebook friend posted "God Bless Texas" - obviously in support.
What's interesting to me is...both of his wife's parents are refugee immigrants. Not from Syria but from a war torn country at the time.

And look...if what they say is true and one of those guys did disguise himself as a refugee, maybe right this very second, shutting people out is the right thing to do for the collective whole.

What do I know. I'm not fully informed. 

This letter as the first reaction doesn't feel to me like the right thing to do though.
I get that he's scared. Who the f isn't worried really?
I think if he just would've suggested a solution or how we as a state and as a nation could contribute to helping anti-terrorism efforts...or anything helpful really, it might not make us look as intimidated.