Monday, November 23, 2015

walked in to a bar and gave thanks.

So I was worn out and about to give up on Austin (its turning too pretentious and cliché IMO)

But!!!...this weekend, I was reminded how awesome Austin used to be (and still could be). 
I stood next to a tatted biker guy, a Prada/Chloe gal, a cowboy, a rockabilly/pinup gal, hipsters and foreigners and we were all freakin loving the music.
The Continental Club is a great venue, my band is freaking awesome and still so talented. 
yes my feet hurt and i was beat not goin to bed til 2:45. I don't regret it though!!!

Also yes, what "everyone" says is true. 
Franklin bbq is legit. 
We pre-ordered a 6 pound brisket, skipped the 4(?) hour wait line and took it back up to Dallas with us for our Thanksgiving last night. Add that to sides from Babe's Chicken dinner house
and Holy moly...all of us were this.


I'm truly thankful how blessed I have been and am (even more so for this weekend and how great it was). 

Finished Graeme/Gideon's Breed story and ....yeah... eh. Not even close to the others I've liked so much.
But I finished it...so I guess that says something.