Monday, November 2, 2015

FOOD (love, wars and awkwardness)

read an article about "michelin star wars".  it was interesting.

made me think of us trying the 3 star Berasategui in San Sebastian.
honestly?...it didn't really do much for me...yeah I tasted things I never had before...like squid ink. And it certainly was an experience...very formal and sterile. The servers were on point.

But would I recommend it over say...Juanito Kojua in old town? No.

That's just me though - what do I know...I never said I was a food connoisseur.
I just like food.
(and Spain definitely = food = LoveLoveLOVE for me)

but back to Berasategui...
another thing was, I asked to go back into their kitchen so I could thank the chefs...

We got in there and those poor cooks looked terrified and totally exhausted.
I went in with my camera all like "hey guys! lets hug for food happiness!!"



and instead we backed out awkwardly (and as soon as possible) to help them not be so terrified instead.
That's def a memory in the awkward column for sure....

Finished The Shadows - so wow... yeah aside from getting a little story line/character convoluted, what she did was hard to do. I think she did it well. I'm still hangin on for sure. I saw that the Beast is next. I had doubts on her going back for the King so this time we'll see how she re-covers ground.

Also read Emma Chase's Sustained - maybe not the most believable to go so opposite but a good one!