Monday, December 12, 2016

how the heckfire are we supposed to tell stories?!

a little disillusioned by conversations I've had recently with random people. examples of conversations: guy/girl: I don't like Amsterdam / sushi / Muslims me: oh yeah? what don't you like about it / it / them? guy/girl: I've not been / eaten / met one - but I've heard bad things so I'm not going / eating /talking to one. and so... Here ends my interest. The entertainment value is lost to me. How the heckfire are we supposed to tell stories if you really don't have a story to talk about? NEXT.
I HATED Amsterdam at first. It was pure chaos - I fell TWICE from being distracted - I can relate to the dislike. I apparently turned green with my first try at sushi (actually sashimi as I came to find out) - no one will ever know close I came to being the leader of a "Stand By Me" moment. I haven't known many Muslims - the last one I knew was a beautiful blond hair, blue eyed gal who kicked my ass in tennis. I didn't like her those times. I told her so. Otherwise she was a pretty cool gal. Only reason I even knew she was Muslim is she couldn't play during (Ramadan) fasting and she had to cover her arms and legs. And so? so what? Moral of the story - if I can't get a story, I'm bored. To me, being bored by you is so much worse than merely disagreeing with you. So anyway...moving on!.... anyone I've met who says they read, immediately changes my perception to "awesome! they're not boring. We can find something to talk about!". It's a huge character tell and already a level up for me...

so (since I'm striking out on conversation with new people lately) I found and joined a "book club" group on the meetup site... ... this "group" is specific to my preferred genre ...double awesome cause it's freakin hard to find people who even read...much less read what I like to read.


Can't go to a "meeting" till next month though - we'll see! Finished reading this weekend: Maiden Lane #1 - Elizabeth Hoyt - I feel I've read another of hers, even in this series, but to lazy to look back in my files. Regardless. Not bad, character chemistry was there...I guess just the story wasn't all that engaging. Womanizer by Katy Evans - I think I'm good with a one and done here? No pun intended ha. Actually with this title you'd think it'd have lots of background her but nope. It just started out a little shallow and characters remained a little shallow and hard to believe.