Friday, December 2, 2016

to goad - provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction.

Whereas usually I stay in the "safe" territory on FB (especially all through these election years) I'm in a goading mood a lot recently and just posted the below on my facebook page.

...highly doubt anybody will take the "debate" up with me. Most of them just want to live their lives and don't care either way. Case it point: one of my fb girl friends posted this, this morning "Hey dummies, the election is over. Quit buying in to all the nonsense and just put the chin strap on and roll with it. Time to focus on family, friends and the holidays! #overit"

but to me...the thing is... I'm tired of putting the chin strap on and keeping quiet in my bubble while doing it....anybody that reads or travels can see there are so many ways to do things and things to question....if I can't start by bringing it up to my family/friends to maybe see beyond their bubbles, then I feel a hypocrite having an opinion at all.


Posted to my FB:
I'm not always about HEA books and food ya know...
(although waiting for the next Sarah MacLean is torture and right now I'd love a stroopwafel)
here's my research and thoughts process on two subjects I find of interest.
(I welcome feedback - not so much on FB though...I'd be THRILLED to discuss - like the olden days - Honestly! I'm not the overly emotional type *only Jamie really has the magical ability to really piss me off* - you won't hurt my "feelings".
If you think I'm wrong, I'll listen to your rationale - (but better believe I'll follow up and research on what you're saying if it has any chance of changing my mind...)
1) Guantanamo Bay - did you know, every year, for the last 55ish years, the US sends a check of $4000 to lease Guantanamo Bay. Cuba, apparently, has not cashed those checks...as of yet. I wonder why? Anyone know? 
*I deviate...on to my point* 
We (tax payers) are paying roughly 10 million a year in taxes to house and maintain the deteriorating facility For EACH detainee. There are 60 detainees remaining. That's an estimated 600 million dollars a year. 
I read up on Alcatraz, I took the tour (I'm still a little upset they wouldn't let us see down in solitary confinement) - 
is GB not a magnified version of Alcatraz? this is the reason Alcatraz was closed...correct?
I'm confused as to what is wrong with hearing cost effective alternatives?
2) Building a Mexican Border "Wall" - costs could be into the billions. 
I've really only personally seen the border from El Paso, (otherwise just tv for the almost 2,000 miles of the rest of it) but I'm thinking that what's there now is sufficient - NOT secure, no, but sufficient-
According to records on cbp.gov - technology and the almost 60,000 border patrol agents are doing their jobs. 
If it is the the will of the people - allocating funding into more jobs, for more agents, for more security might make more logical sense than building a wall. No?
In the long run, costs to employ border patrol agents will supersede costs to build a wall though...would it be worth it?
The processing dilemma remains for the apprehended regardless....and leads to other questions on moral, humanitarian and international security issues etc.....I'll stop here though.
Lastly, my husband advised me to not post my thought processes on my facebook page for various reasons. I usually refrain - really though, while I value his opinion greatly - his tone of voice and the way he chose to convey his opinion to me prompted me to go ahead and post this at the first opportunity.

Moving on - it's supposed to rain all weekend - great Christmas decorating and reading weather. I'm all for that.