Monday, October 5, 2015

a dreadful selfish crime

Lots going on in the real world. 
Here's what I know - I'm American, Latina, a woman, educated (in some ways more than others), a wife and a friend.
I'd think I'm 99% likely to relate to anyone on at least one of the above. 

BUT
If you're not American, I don't expect you to know what being American feels like
If you're not Latina (specificially of Mexican heritage), I don't expect you to know what being Latina/ of Mexican heritage means/feels like

and flip side I make an effort to not presume to know every person's life experiences

So, (case in point) every time I hear/see a man give his opinion on what women should do with their own bodies, I'm going to disregard most of what he says on the basis that he has no idea what he's talking about. 

He may have been given permission to touch a woman, he may have loved or hated one, but if you're not a woman (meaning: you don't know what it feels like to be one and experience life as one) and you are asked for your opinion on women's bodies/issues -  I say find your bestest/closest/coolest gal (if you've even taken the time to even know and care for one), ask what she thinks and then just back her up on her opinion. 
That is all...

Finished reading Season of Storms - not bad, it just kinda faded...ho hummm

It's a Bobby Keen kinda day...
Seems like yesterday I was here
Dreamin' my life away and drinkin' beer