Tuesday, October 13, 2015

family drama & (im)mortal rules

So Houston - we met up with some family members at a bar up in Conroe and we got so loud talking over each other people were giving us dirty looks.


Good thing there were only 8 of us there - we might've been run out otherwise.
The bouncer did say though that he was "throughly entertained" as we walked out. ha.

Heard one of my cousins is getting divorced after just a year of marriage.
I can't say I didn't see that coming - computer nerd meets a pretty gal and got her the boobs and the Louboutin's and building a huge house outside of Houston somewhere that she wanted. And so when he starts to put the money brakes on she's not having it and the "spark is gone".

Then my cousin and his wife got on their high horse about how Jamie and I need to have children and we'll "never know how amazing it is if you don't" blah blah blah.

It was fine for the first 10 minutes (we're immune from most every other parent we know that says the same thing) but after a while it got annoying.

And so typically I'd be like "ok thank you. now be quiet"
but they lost their own baby a couple years ago from a terrible mitochondrial disorder. And so we gave them a little more leeway until Jamie hit his limit at about the 20 minute mark and I was like "ok it's time to go. nice to see ya. bye".

Again,  honestly....
I think we should be thanked for choosing to not have a child we don't really want to begin with. 

Moving on....The Blood of Eden YA series is good enough to get me to the beginning of the 3rd book so far. But (yet again), the second book in the series was mostly filler with a few relevant points - ugh. I feel so cheated when they do that.

Also re-read Cade/Holly's story - so good. I think she's my favorite written nerdy type girl.

Diggin' the new Jason Boland/Stragglers - Guess it's alright to be an asshole if you're good.

annnndddd - Classic Rangers...making it hard for yourselves. we'll see if we can move on after tomorrow's game. *I tell Jobu come, take fear from bats*....#nevereverquit