Monday, December 7, 2015

Lucia in the sky (or Dallas) w/ pork chops

Lots of conversation over meals this weekend @ Whiskey Cake, Smoke, Lucia and Blind Butcher.
Lucia was really good!
Will we go back?...probably not.
They didn't serve cocktails, Italian food lands lower on our list of "go to's" and the pork chop was better at Blind Butcher. Still...good! just not sure it's worth the difficulty to get in? And definitely a wiser choice to uber to Bishop Arts district. Parking is even worse than I remember.  

we met up with one of Jamie's co-workers. Just turned 30, single gal...and on a meat only diet cause she said she'd gained 15 pounds over a year.
This was basically her expression:

well....welcome to the club honey! Yet another life lesson no one really tells you about.
Gals...beware ages 28-30 - your body's metabolism hits a bitch zone like you wouldn't believe. 
Pretty much everyone I know has this same story to tell.

Jamie found a "skirt" (non-skirt) that he'd bought me at one of those "sexy stores" a very long time ago. He wouldn't let me throw it away - I had to show him how it wouldn't even go over my hips anymore. ha!
Oh well I can still hold my own....I'll let him keep it for the memento. 

Also, I find it so interesting how many single girls and how few single men I know?
Where are they hiding? Seriously?
I told her if I was single my best guess would be to go to hockey games more often - less of a chance to find pansy ass men there in my opinion. What do I know though...I think women are ruining men with unrealistic expectations and men are ruining themselves by letting them. 

Finished a Tessa Dare book - When a Scot Ties the Knot -  another one that was just ok. Lost interest in another of hers real quick.

I'm about a quarter of the way through Ward's newest BDB Blood Kiss. Good! - it's like the older ones.