Monday, December 28, 2015

Hateful Eight(-y million dishes)

Had five days off and it doesn't feel like it.
Hosting family (dad's attention span has gotten worse), then tornadoes and sick husband - really it feels like I spent the days washing dishes and running errands.

I didn't go out to watch the skies this time - it sounded like the cold/warm air line converged right over the house in the strangest cacophony of thunder I've ever heard (even in other tornadoes).

Watched in on the news and alerts on phones seemingly coming right towards the house... I mean there's no amount of hiding in the bathtub that can counter winds strong enough to rip houses off their foundations and toss cars around like toys 20 miles away from your house....smh scary.

Not that we were going anywhere that day anyway. Jamie got the norovirus - nothing you can do about that either...just keep forcing gatorade/liquids, use disinfectant and hope I don't get it. It's still strange to me how different Jamie and I are when we get sick. He wants to be catered to and loved. I'm a snarling misery and will snap at anyone that dares come near me. 

Did finish the Hathaway series - yes good!
Saw The Big Short - another (eye opener) good one. Great acting. Was forced to sit in the front row cause it was sold out. .
I lasted about an hour...it made me sick. (Well the movie's premise made me sick too Again...I don't understand how that was allowed to happen. ) but sitting so close made me sick so I stood in the hallway and watched. 

Going to see Hateful Eight "in a special screen" ...(whatever that means) tonight. Lets see what Tarantino craziness ensues...sometimes it's a little much.

Re-read KHiggins, In Your Dreams, in anticipation for her new one tomorrow.

Then we're doing our NYday open house party. Oy....more dishes.

Really though...honestly I'm not going to complain about being able to invite friends/family over to a house that's still standing and provide them with food and drinks and find out how they really are in person, when other (many) people aren't as blessed or able. So I'll shut my mouth now. Later.