Tuesday, December 1, 2015

new orleans travel and yum and love

New Orleans. ahhh NOLA ..."My heart is, and ever will be, yours" 

The fact remains...I keep thinking that I'll get tired of it but it never happens.

we got caught in a whirlwind of food and (mostly cocktails) hop around old and new of Uptown/Quarter/Frenchmen's St. -
Old 77 Hotel / Compere Lapin for Jamie's cocktail love affair (thanks Zach and Abigail, our barkeeps). Didn't realize that Nina from Top Chef is the head chef here. She should've won. Good feel we'll be back again.
Cane and Table - good old-timey feel in here. Cocktails well crafted (thanks Sam!). Got a bit more of the tourist vibe though...maybe with it being across from the French market?

Mr. B's cocktails yes (thanks Brian). Their bbq shrimp fell down our list this time though. Looking across the street, the Carousel bar was madness. Everyone's caught on looks like - No thank you. 
R'evolution, French 75, Kingfish (thanks Adrienne) met expectations. I'm officially over mezcal drinks though.
Annadelle's Plantation in Covington across Pontchartrain. Old school southern fare. Good!

And by the powdered sugar on my face (and most everywhere else)

I deem New Orleans Coffee & Beignet (mm doughy goodness) AND Cafe Beignet (light crispyness yum) MUCH better than Cafe du Monde. I'll never go back there again. Cafe du Monde is dead to me.

Not mean though...more like this...(cause it still is pretty good). 


Liuzza's by the track though...holy moly...even better shrimp poboys than we remembered.
Love. I mean...love LOVE.
speaking of love. My dad called me the other day asking what I thought about him asking his latest girlfriend to marry him. He used words like "i'm getting older", "we're good together"
Nothing about love but...well I guess after all his rollercoasters of relationships there comes a time where caring and contentment is enough.
I'm not sure why he asked what I thought...I just hope that he's happy.

before I forget.....
Sarah MacLean's The Season - usually love the childhood friends to love but this time not so much - she's gotten so much better at writing stories since this book.
G Showalters - The Hotter You Burn - ...the whole "rags to riches because of the playboy who falls in love and saves me" is just bleh. Don't think I'm going back to this series...I'm putting all my patience in with her LOTU books.

Kresley Cole's new one is out today....I'm going to buy it but...I'm not as excited as I used to be. I think after seeing her at the rt convention I'm a little less crazy about her. I bet she was exhausted. (I was after 2 hours no way could i do a full week)....but still.

and so today is Giving Tuesday. I hope I know people who gave today. It makes you feel better...it really does!