Thursday, December 10, 2015

you led me the wrong way

plans to visit the UK next year are dwindling - flight rates are ridiculous.
AA was advertising "cheap flights to London!"
...umm no.
I keep itineraries to what we paid for Ireland and Spain. No way are we paying double.

I'm gonna hang on a bit but I can't wait much longer before we have to make the decision to change plans. Such a  bummer...I have it all planned out.

And so...we saw "Spotlight" and like Jamie said..it's like we got through watching a movie on the holocaust or a world war.

I remember hearing about this story when it broke - still...I had no idea the magnitude of abuse.
I'm disgusted and, not that I've considered myself Catholic in a very long while, but I remember some good things about being raised Catholic. It makes me sad.

and really though...it's one thing those that do horrific/contradictory things in the "name of their religion" for whatever selfish reason.
It's another when those that are ordained to represent a religion, corrupt it insidiously like that
and then are internally repetitively assisted in doing it!
oy..i'm depressed just thinking about it.

Finished reading Ward's Blood Kiss - I liked it!! loved that it was just two story lines with all the other characters appearing peripherally. It read much better.
I've started on a sci-fi one...slow going but not because it's bad -  think it's just cause i'm still stuck in Ward's book.

In a Micky&the Motorcars mood