Tuesday, January 19, 2016

a sight to see

in a don williams mood again today. I need the calmness. 
Didn't know he covered this townes van zandt song? 

I got moved from the outer office edges to the center -  i'm the eye of the storm ugh - too much perfume, too many voices and conference calls. It's making me very twitchy.
And seriously, in my narrowed down field of women in my life, I forgot how dramatic women (who aren't mine) can be on a daily basis.  Exhausting....

saw a documentary called The Four Horsemen - very informative - 
great line "To really understand something is to be liberated from it. Dedicating oneself to a great cause, taking responsibility, and gaining self-knowledge is the essence of being human." 
Scary too cause if what they say is true...our "American empire" has reached the final "decadence" stage before falling. 

also saw a documentary on how the Moors originated in Saudi Arabia and came to Spain. 
Even with the tour we took in Barcelona - my basic thought was that they were unwanted marauders. But apparently this was false - they were accepted, if not welcomed. 
They helped bring spain out of the dark age with knowledge of mathematics, irrigation, etc. for 700 years! Then Catholicism basically eradicated their presence. 
Well...not completely given that a part of the information from my dna test follows almost exactly their migration line. 
Still...now I want to visit Cordoba and Southern Spain. So interesting!

Reading Ruthie Knox Camelot series....kinda slow going. It's not bad just not all that interested. Got a YA and paranormal in line.