Sunday, January 3, 2016

Be kind 2016.

I'm going bullet points -
  • our NYday open house party- So interesting how the older we get the less people want to make the effort to keep friends. I get it. I understand. People showed, people didn't but it is nice to catch up with people you care about. i was beat though- it took all day yesterday to recover.  
  • not so good on the extended family side - death and jail and health news already.  I mean... i get bad news happens - but not all that bad news in the first few days would be ok. It makes me very wary for the year. And am I the only one that gets bothered by people that say "sorry" for when someone dies?  guess I'm weird cause really I think the best thing is to say I'll remember and give a reason why. Or ask how you can help. Or just say i'm here if you need to talk. or don't say anything at all (especially if you're not that close).  but "sorry" is just...sorry.  that's just me though...cause I don't see people doing that...same ol' generic wasted words wagon. yes i went on a tirade...oh well. 
  • umm Hateful Eight - not bad but not my favorite of his. The intro and intermission "Gone with the Wind" style was pretty cool and definitely added to the movie.  They used the "n" word to excess, (it didn't add to the story so it was mostly unnecessary IMO)  And I didn't see the female angle as misogyny. I really think people need to stop being so freaking offended by everything. She got her own. (ish)  And the bigger picture here is how hatred hasn't changed.
Books
  • Anything For You - again not bad just not my favorite of hers and ....really... to hold on that long for someone who keeps pushing you away?....it just made me not like the gal lead, even though I liked that she's different from most every other gal lead.
  • Read a Tessa Dare - Romancing the Duke -  plain gal catches mostly blind hot guy fairy tale. eh. (but i finished it). 
  • I think I've read at least one more? - this is why I shouldn't wait to write about it cause now I'll probably buy it somewhere, read it half way through, then realize that I've already read it....ugh. 
umm what else? Just finished putting the christmas stuff away (and now the house is boring). 
Not at all looking forward to work tomorrow. But like I said:
Here's to family, friends, coffee, books, fun people at the bar, the fine art of pushing my husband's buttons annnnnd stickers. (cause stickers...that's why!) ooooo and adult coloring books and yummy food and Anguilla!!!! 

Be kind 2016.

And Slaid Cleaves cause Yes
It’s New Years Day
Just like the day before
Same old skies of grey
Same empty bottles on the floor
Another year gone by
And I’m thinking once again
How can I take this losing hand
And somehow win