Wednesday, January 6, 2016

the gal my husband might've married

So I'm facebook friends with a gal I only met once, randomly over drinks/dinner.

I usually unfriend these "randoms" after a month or so (cause honestly... they don't really care about my goings on).
I haven't yet with this one though...she's got me curious with stuff she posts.
Mainly for the fact that we don't have a lot in common. 

In a weird way, she's what I think Jamie would've married. She looks like most of his friends wives and his old girlfriends.  40s, two children, prettyish, blondish, educated, nice, born/raised in Dallas suburbs, divorced.

Annnnd based on her postings....it doesn't seem that she's really ever gotten to know someone that doesn't look like (and act like and thinks like and has the same financial status) as her.

I don't think she posts things to be intentionally offensive though either - (and it is her site, she can say what she wants)....but maybe perhaps she just doesn't consider that there's a whole world of people with other/opposite opinions based on their own life experiences and cultures. Or that her point of view isn't universal.

But well....it's certainly interesting to be invited/"friended" to view a persons bubble I once randomly crossed paths with.



ooo (subject shift) I'm reading "Me Before You". I have a feeling it's not gonna end so happy. But I like the lead...especially like that she's not psycho selfish like some of the last book characters I've read.