Thursday, January 21, 2016

oh for cryin out loud -  I'm not boycotting the oscars or movies.

On the couch, in what looks like a huge house and her  looking amazing with glowing, rested skin - her and her husband's recognized work made it possible to pay for all that.

Besides, and this is just me....I think if I was an actor,  I just in no way would want to wonder if I'm "here" at the oscars out of someone's sense of obligation or pity because last year people complained.


i might just be "in a mood" cause I researched this bi-polar forum to try to get a better idea of what it means - there are so many people on there really truly suffering....

and so i understand the point Jada Pinkett Smith is trying to make about race relations in America, it's valid...I just think she should use another platform OR maybe rather continue to make steady headway by being a talented actor -
 tell stories that mean something to people (or at least get them thinking)!
Like "If These Walls Could Talk" - (the first time I ever wondered who Jada Pinkett was).
Lead by example that way
...boycotting the oscars just seems so trivial.

moving on. - just started the Nightingale - i'm sure another sad one. It started with "as I approach the end of my years, I know that grief, like regret, settles into our DNA...."  but it's getting rave reviews so i'm giving it a go.