Friday, February 19, 2016

baseball! and (most) y'all 90's babies

after a long hiatus this is gonna be a baseball trip year. Flights to Seattle and Minnesota (ballparks 13 &14?) to see my boys are booked.
Also gonna see  Portland (I picture a bunch a 20 something hipsters roaming around) but the food...oh the food! I can't wait.

Speaking of 20 somethings....it's so interesting watching those in my "sphere" -  I kinda want to tell them where I think they're going wrong. big sister style (with some fun gifs):

"don't stop talking/doing things with your friends now that you found a girl/boy friend. Those friends will save your ass when it goes to shit. (and at some point it will)"

"stop trying to be what you think an adult is. Really being an adult is boring and stressful. Just don't f up your credit score and you're good. "

"no you don't own misery. you don't know everything. And the world owes you nothing"

"saying "no" or "i can't" is a million times preferred over non-responsiveness that's become so popular in you jerk faces"

"yes i see he totally loves you but I don't see it on your end. You're wasting his (and your) time"


but well it wouldn't do any good if I said anything.
I know I probably wouldn't have listened....and really -  live and learn right?

thing is, (i'm generalizing here)  i'm not sure this up and coming generation handles set-backs the greatest...and it's like they feel too much or don't feel anything at all. 
Annnnd communication with every single one (of the ones I know) is strange...i swear it's like they have to process...normal conversation doesn't come naturally to them. They get going and feel comfortable and surprise you at how smart they are but then next time you see them the process starts again ...so strange, and fascinating and fun to witness! 

It's Friday and I'm just feelin eh...can't shake the sinus/cough stuff. Feelin a movie/book night comin on...Got new Emma Chase.
I watched the new Mad Max last night. huh? the old one was much better.....

And so i guess "90's baby" is my theme today cause I'm diggin this new "90's" Texas gal.

I'm not the hero in the story
I'm not the girl that gets the glory
Cause you're looking for true love
And I'm not the one
But I wish, but I wish I was