Wednesday, February 3, 2016

great American! (of MEX and CAN)

I feel a little bit of a poser being a facebook member of the Canada Club of North Texas
... but well... there's still a bit of nostalgia from living there through my elementary school years I guess?
I'm still interested - and what few memories I still have from growing up there are good ones.

Interesting too (now that I look back)
coming from El Paso - desert, Mexican-Spanish lilted English, where everyone had dark hair/eyes like me 
to Calgary, (T2K 2P8!)  90% light hair/eyes, prairie, clean air, and blessed, blessed snow.  (lord I think I miss the snow the most....) 

I was never, not once (that I can recall), made to feel like I didn't belong.
I guess kids in 1st grade don't notice those things.
Or maybe El Pasoan kids and Canadian kids in the first grade aren't taught that different = bad. 
So it was an easy transition  - and for that Canada will always be a special place for me.

(....now, coming back to El Paso for middle school with my mostly forgotten Spanish, Canadian-lilted English is another story.... ugh wretched year.)

Anyway...regardless....me! a FB member of the North Texas Canada club -  noticed when a fellow member posted the below video:

I think it should be a bit of an eye opener to see how other countries see us.
Us(A)...- my great nation that (i agree) needs help making it good again....


Reading Lora Leigh's Stygian story. Eh...just eh so far. 
Right now there are so many new books that have come out that I want to read, I chucked them all to fill in the (my) blank of the Breed series (yep still hanging onto it)