Tuesday, February 2, 2016

made me want to have a drink

looks like we're heading back to New Orleans next month for a friends 40th. wooo.

we tried a New Orleans restaurant up in Frisco over the weekend - not bad for what it was.
I forget the kids evvverywhere up there. lord.- all the exhausted mothers and chaos children made me want to have a drink for them. 

We also went to the lakehouse (ahh the quiet) and so I got to read.
Finished:
  • the Nightingale - yep pretty much a minor sobfest the last 20% of the book. I knew it!
  • the final Spindle Cove - not at all believable but I think my favorite of the series. Quick easy read. 
  • the first of (YA?) The Others - took a bit to switch gears (and worlds). I don't really have much of a picture of who the lead really is and why everyone just liked her.   I guess that's coming...? Liked it enough to line for the next one though.
In a angst ridden Jack Ingram mood today:
The neon's burning both ends of another night
Everybody's living way to loud
Workin' hard to act like every thing's alright
Anything to keep from coming down

Oh fool, you're fooling yourself
Don't you know that closing time will tell
And if you think you're fooling anybody else
Oh fool, you're fooling yourself