Friday, February 20, 2015

20's vs 30's *en serio*

with Kresley Cole being my favorite author, naturally I bought The Master on opening day.
It threw me a little, and not for the obvious deluge of "sexy times".

The lead was a latina and, as such, Kresley used some Spanish for thoughts/dialogue.
There were several instances where I think she got the conversational spanish off and (being me) I'm harping on it.

Not that I'm all that fluent anymore...I use it so rarely I'm forgetting more and more each day. It's kinda sad.

Regardless, I liked both leads. Especially how Lothaire-like Maxim was. Just not my favorite of Kresley's - (not the biggest fan of the erotica genre anyway.)

Really.... my favorite part was the girls night out. I think Jess's story will be good -the girl is crazy but so fun. I love colorful personalities!

Also, started on another book called Unidentified Redhead.
She's an actress my age having a fling (or maybe more?) with a guy 9 years younger.

I couldn't fathom being with someone younger... I think I'd be bored out of my mind.

This gal's not really reading like someone my age either though. I do like some of her silliness but some scenes are coming off as fake or desperate. I'm losing interest.

Honestly - in my opinion- a big reason why gals in their 30's are sexy is because they don't act like 20 year olds. Own it.

.....or well ....with the exceptions of instances like this.


We reserve the right to eat entire pies no matter what age.