Wednesday, February 18, 2015

not winging it

Finished Jude's Temperance. I sure do like how she writes her female leads.

I'm a bit headstrong/particular myself in certain things.

Like,  I was running through old files
- this is what my travel planning files look like:

I remember precisely what trip made me flip the switch on this particular obsessiveness.

The Houston to Atlanta college girls road trip.

We had three general ideas:
1)  New Orleans to see one of our bands
2)  a beach near the military base (where all the boys would be lined up for us in their military uniforms)
3)  Atlanta for a Braves vs. Mets game

So off we went (with our almost maxed out credit cards).

We get to New Orleans and settle on a motel near where we thought the French quarter was (we weren't even close). We finally get to the venue and the band had already played. Strike one.

Next day, we move on and decide on Pensacola for the beach. Perfect day/sand/water.
we settle in and what's this - a beautiful man is walking our way.


*Owl face* - wide eyes -
He smiles. We smile.
and he greets his friends just past us.

He greets one friend in particular by stroking his friends arm and kissing him on the lips.

Turns out, of all the spots we could've chosen, we landed at the gay beach.
(I would say strike two - but really I was ok with just looking at the fine specimen(s).)

We move on towards Atlanta. We heard about Peachtree street and evidently underestimated it on Saturday night. We sat in traffic for an hour hardly moving, getting hungry watching people walk into a chicken and waffles restaurant up the way (my first time even hearing of such a thing as chicken and waffles!?)

We got frustrated, turned off to get out and got lost, we had no idea what we were doing. Nobody told us the Atlanta in the Summer is that miserably hot either. You think Texas is hot? Georgia and it's humidity wins BY FAR.

So much for being young and beautiful when you're sweaty and your hair is flat.  And strike 3. Never again.

Overall the trip was actually a lot of fun really.
That trip was the beginning of my love affair with New Orleans.
And where I found out how beautiful the Florida panhandle beaches were.

Oddly, what I liked most about Atlanta? (besides the baseball game, which was a good time.) I've never seen such beautiful women. The white women, the black women (no Latinas boo) but the bi-racial gals especially were gorgeous. And all were nice too! Which makes them even prettier.
I think outside of Texas, Georgia has the prettiest gals.

Anyway back about being overbearing - I just need a plan. I need to be informed - especially when it comes to travel. And don't be late, that drives me bonkers.

Other then that though, I'm pretty easy going and a gem to be around. ha...

OR this rather

"when you find people who not only tolerate your quirks  but celebrate them with cries of "me too!". 
Be sure to cherish them. 
Cause those weirdos are your tribe."