Wednesday, February 11, 2015

finish the story

Read Beautiful Bastard  - rough start (pun intended) but yet another that generally read better than 50 Shades...

I'm so ready for the the 50 shades obsession to be over. 

Not sure this book is movie worthy either though - there's not much of a plot and the whole thing that made the book interesting for me was the internal conflict that doesn't usually carry over in movies so well.

The exceptions I can think of  are two of my favorite movies:  Stranger Than Fiction  and  Eternal Sunshine


In Stranger Than Fiction they reference a suicide of a girl in the 1940's, jumping off the empire state building. That image of her death made the cover of Time magazine. They called it "The Most Beautiful Suicide". And I have to agree - that image is hauntingly beautiful. 

I really don't know why I find stuff like that fascinating?!! I just want to know - did she jump so she could feel something? Or did she feel too much and that was the point? It's an unfinished story...

I signed up for the free trial of Scribd -  I am obsessed already!!! - the "Spotify" of books -  I can finally "rent"/read most all the books on my list that I'm too cheap to buy outright .....yessssssss I'M IN LOVE!!