Monday, February 23, 2015

iced in!

We're iced in!!!! the whole dfw has shut down (today and maybe tomorrow too).....and my husband is driving me bonkers. I've no idea what we'll do when he retires! we need to find him an indoor hobby stat. oy

I've been on a reading frenzy:
- Read the Game Plan - reads like the others in the series. quick fluff read.
Finding It - maybe the best overall in the series? I thought she'd get on my nerves, I've seen so many of those  "trying to fill a void" kinds of girls. Cora Carmack wrote her in a way that kept my interest though. AND I actually didn't see the twist - I like to think that I've gotten pretty good at seeing them.
- Also, tried reading Flowers from the Storm, had a hard time believing this couple separately much less together and gave up

Something else interesting enough to point out - we went to a country themed wedding over the weekend. *Yay for dressing up and wearing boot scootin boots*

And so (outside of my own family weddings) I realized this is the first time I've seen another family of Mexican descent marry white.

I've never seen a group be so reserved

(Not trying to stereotype against my own or anything) but  - the Latino's especially -

i was a little confused.



But I guess with all the marriages in my family -  regardless of who and what race we've married (cause we're pretty mixed now) -  all of us are definitely more "here for the party kinda people". If there's free beer and wine you can bet we're gonna have a good time...maybe too good of a time...

hmm oh well -  the wedding was fun for what it was.