Sunday, February 1, 2015

that it bothers me, bothers me

We went out this weekend with one of Jamie's friends who's been a widower for about a year.

I met him and his wife back when Jamie and I first started dating. She was a really cool gal - I saw how her pain changed her personality through the years and how it affected their relationship.

It's not that I don't like the guy...it's just.....his energy is disconcerting. It's not a comfortable feeling for me when we're around him.

Or maybe it's my own projection coloring the situation ....it bothers me that he started dating within two months of his wife's death. And not just dating - like "i'm free. Mid-life crisis. let's go crazy" kind of dating.

But then - the fact that it bothers me, bothers me -  cause who am I to judge right. I didn't go through what he did.

Weird thing is... I think if I were to die -  i wouldn't be surprised to see Jamie find someone new within a year.

(it irritated him when I said that) But really,  I think I'd actually kind of hope that he finds someone to be with. He's not the loner type and doesn't at all understand why I need to be alone sometimes...it's a foreign concept.

She better not be prettier than me Jamie. I mean it! As first wife, I call dibs on bringing the group average up.

Ok, enough deep thoughts on superbowl sunday morning -   I hear him getting frustrated that he's burning his biscuits. He's making a feast of snacks for today  - he's not off to a good start  - cause seriously...his biscuits (that he researched to make perfect) are burning....the fire alarm is going off....

Oh real quick so I can keep track -
Disappointed with Christine Feehan's newest Ghostwalker. I'm switching between reading the better written, faster paced older ones and this one.