Monday, February 16, 2015

feel something!!

(With me following reluctantly) Jamie decided to switch things up and have us join the chaos bandwagon over the weekend....
Dinner reservations (at Del Frisco's) on Valentine's day.
Lets just say we're never EVER going to try that again.

Want to know what the worst part was?
....the amount of people with their phones throughout the whole meal.
Seriously, everywhere we looked we'd see this




Granted, when I'm reading or when Jamie is watching some sport on tv it's its own version of checking out...

but on this "assigned day" particularly  - when the outright rule is give your "other" reassurance that they matter to you -  a complete stranger to them (like me) can see that you're utterly failing each other!!!

Yes I'm judging...i can't help it. YOU'RE EFF'G FAILING!!

...that's not living. that universal "on my phone" face doesn't look like a happy face. You're indifferent. Your eyes are dead. FEEL SOMETHING!!! 

Finished:

Amaryllis (Futuristic/Paranormal) - Nalini Singh said this was one of her favorites and I definitely saw the influence developing the Psy-Changeling world. I like Nalini's better. Won't continue with the St. Helen's series since I found myself skimming a lot of the book.

The Program (YA) - Pretty depressing regarding a future suicide epidemic among teenagers. It kept me through the end but I'm finding myself not interested enough to read the next/final book of the series. oh well.

- and Hot Island Nights (Contemporary) - read this cause I liked the other Mayberry book. Not a bad read. Liked "Her Best Worst Mistake" better.

Also watched Kingsman: Secret Service and surprisingly I liked it. I think going in there with not much of an expectation is the best way to go. It was Kill Bill meets Men in Black meets Kick Ass. I'm a fan.

I also put out a blue/yellow ribbon outside our house today in support of the police. I can't speak for every police officer, but for those in my family who are law enforcement officers - and I know are good people. I support you.  #operationblueshield