Wednesday, October 15, 2014

hit or miss?...we'll see.

so this morning, jamie pounces on me, slobbers all over my face and says "if you have ebola then I'll have ebola too so we can be together". 

I'm reading now on FB posts that people are already making the decision to not allow their children to trick-or-treat for Halloween.

I just shake my head. whaddya do....I've never been one for overreaction but being that we are in Dallas (and 10 minute drive from Presby)...yikes... it is a little more concerning. Only because I assume these nurses are wearing top of the line hazmat suits, going in there informed and well aware of the disease they're treating...and they're still getting it? How is that possible?... 

On a different note - finished the last Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. Not amazing but one of those that if done well (i.e. by the Pan's Labyrinth people) would be a fun movie to watch. 

Next in line is Splintered ...amazon suggested as a "customers also bought" from the DS&B page.

That's what mostly works  for me - when trying to find a book, i go to the amazon page of a book i liked, go down to the "customers also bought" and scroll.  I've found I tend to agree more with amazon reviewers than goodreads reviewers (Goodreads reviewers are kinda mean too!). Or maybe passionate...it's so hard to find someone who actually likes books as much as i do I might be getting it confused. 

Either way...as always, when trying a new book it's hit or miss (mostly miss)...we'll see.