Friday, October 3, 2014

yay for adventure but I'll pass on the audio book

So freakin' glad it's Friday! Definitely going to find me a cocktail somewhere after work.

I finished the Firebird , it's one of those perfect cuddle up and read books. No roller coaster here, but there is an adventure and the dual story lines carried well. Susanna Kearsley does a great job of painting a story and now I seriously want to go to North Eastern Scotland and maybe St. Petersburg too. I loved Ireland (especially Connemara and Co. Galway), I have a feeling Scotland might be just as amazing.

Next up is Shadow Spell, Nora Roberts (second in the Cousin's O'Dwyer trilogy). She doesn't grab my attention like other authors but I like Nora Roberts. My favorite of hers is probably the Circle trilogy. I liked it so much I tried the audio book. That was officially my first and last time to try an audio book. I hated it.  Plus it's kinda embarrassing when he gets to the sexy parts (and lets face it Nora Roberts comparatively speaking is not all that graphic). I don't know how people like it?

Lots going on in Dallas this weekend! State Fair, BBQ Festival, Cottonwood Arts Festival, Texans are in town for the Cowboy game and it's going to be gorgeous...I love this time of year.