Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Travel love and my top 5 meals ever (so far)

5 books in queue and I can't decide which one to start, so I'm on a book hold for now. I'm gonna talk another love of mine - travel.

This year alone we blew out our travel budget with going to Jackson Hole, New Orleans, Phoenix, Ireland, Amsterdam, BCS Mexico, Destin and then going back to New Orleans next month for Thanksgiving.

Yes NOLA is our favorite city...I think Thanksgiving will be our 6th time? It's so worth it though and I know I'm truly blessed to be able to experience these places.

We tend to avoid touristy places - some of them you just have to see though (like Sagrada Familia in Barcelona) - but mostly I plan our trips around food. Local food. It's a lot of work/time/money and I'm a little obsessive - I start researching, planning and making itineraries about a year in advance.

Where have been my top 5 meals outside of Dallas (so far)?
New Orleans, LA
Basque Region, Spain
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Kenmare, Ireland 
Todos Santos/El Pescadero, BCS, Mexico

I'm in the planning stage for next year. Close to locking in St. Martin, apparently they have amazing food -so back to the Caribbean in May!? Likely Hawaii in the Summer on a family trip? Maybe Calgary, Seattle, Hope Town/Bahamas, Mystic/Connecticut as contenders. Just thinking about it is exciting.