Friday, January 30, 2015

run from your memory

Heading to see Chris Knight in concert again tonight.

I remember about 10 years ago when he came in town to sing. Small place and everyone's singin' at the top of their lungs along with him.

He stops the song right in the middle, says "It's my song, I'll sing it" and then goes on to sing another song - effectively shutting everyone up.

I love it! I mean, this is one person who just is who he is. Nothing fake here. PLUS he's a wonderful storyteller (and we all know how much I love a good story)

After the concert, Jamie goes up to him and asks "Chris, can I just give you a hug. I think you need it." Chris said "yeah, i guess." and stood there woodenly as Jamie gives him a bear hug.
ha! Classic!!!

Every time he sings this song I think of Lora Leigh's  Kiss of Heat. Woo...tortured....

You should've kept the diamond ring
I gave it to you for free
I don't need no souvenirs after what you've done to me...