Monday, March 16, 2015

Tight Britches - across the board

Stoney was great Friday night. I forget how good his voice is - loved the Gary Stewart cover.

But I got St. Paddy'd out and so we ditched the weekend festivites for the lake Saturday instead.

Sorry not sorry.
I had a great time re-reading The Next Best Thing and got in a Scotland-y mood too so tried Karen Hawkins first two of the Macleans series. ("just eh").
Once again K Higgins wins - she's just so good at emotionally torturing her people...i love it...

And so additionally/apparently it was decided that we're having a Kentucky Derby party...

Jamie loves having people over. Really I do too but lord it's exhausting...and expensive!!
I guess no more expensive then what we'd spend if we went to the track.
He's created a monster. 
I always bet $2 on my favorite across the board, more especially if they have a name I just can't resist - like "Tight Britches". Tight Britches was a BIG win for me!!!

So...Derby hat - maybe this one? Etsy has so many!