Sunday, March 22, 2015

what is happening

I saw Insurgent. Tried to keep an open mind but I guess it's just a given that I'm a book to movie snob. The acting/actors are good, the movie just lacked depth. It's missing focus on key relationships outside of Four/Tris. Also, with all the shooting going on it's amazing how often they ran and managed to avoid being shot - Movie pet peeve #241 - thank you. 

And so since the next/last book was so disappointing I highly doubt I'll make the effort to watch it in the theater when that one comes out.

Miranda Neville's - Importance of Being Wicked lost me at the end, the gal got way too whiny.
Jennifer Probst - The Marriage Bargain - quick read that I feel I've read many times before. Still, I finished it.
Cora Carmack's - All Broke Down - i liked that i didn't like the guy at first and she brought me around. The gal's story I think was a little underdeveloped

Just started a new book called the Rosie Project - it read so stilted at first but once I caught that the lead is somewhat Sheldon Cooper-like, this book is pretty freakin good/funny so far!


I'm dreading this work week....so i'm off to take advantage of what's left of the weekend.