Sunday, March 1, 2015

the fault in being a brat

Watched The Fault in our Stars last night. yep I cried.

Cried more reading the book a while back. What is it with these YA books being so depressing?

Their version of Amsterdam was interesting -  My first impression of it was chaos and it smelled like trash. The further away from centraal you get the better though.

And seriously the Anne Frank house - I'd re-read the book as a refresher before (in case we decided to go).

 I didn't want to wait in line when I found out it was going to be an hour wait.
I thought that since I'd read the book AND heard it was just bare rooms that there'd be nothing to see.

I was such a brat! I'm so glad we waited.

Seeing how they lived for years....it was truly moving....and puts things into perspective.

It's not a bad thing to do/see/learn things that make you  realize how stupid and selfish you've become every once in a while.

Re-read a little bit of this and that from my library over the weekend (we were iced in yet again). Also read The Hook Up and Love thy Neighbor. Neither were bad, nor were they that good.