Monday, March 30, 2015

Would you want to be pitied?

Today is my friend/co-worker's birthday
We took a page from the "10 Things I Hate About You" movie and gave her a "hate" poem.
She loved it. Score!

She's fighting breast cancer. When she told us - they all hugged her and made the pity sounds.

I waited a bit, went to her office and told her "This f'ing sucks. I'm not going to hug you. Let me know if you need anything." (or something like that) and walked away.

Not so very sympathic no. But you know what? She liked my reaction best. This makes me happy.
She says she's so tired of the pity party and everyone coddling her and I totally get that. Why can't people try to put themselves in that persons shoes?

Would you want to be pitied? I can't think of many things worse then that personally...

I'm reading Emma Chase's Tangled series - 1 and 3 are told from the male perspective. It's fun to see a opposite ...and in some instances pretty spot on (based on past personal experience) point of view.

And since I'm in an old-school country music sound mood - Jason Boland is doing it for me today.
Blows my mind that he listens to Anthrax (or somesuch thrash metal craziness) but plays this kind of music that harkens back to Don Williams.
Again I'm digging the dichotomy...

It took awhile at least for me
to live enough until I believed
In none of what I heard and less than half of what I saw