Monday, December 15, 2014

ask an Aussie

Saw about the siege in Australia. Such a shame...

I do love this #IllRideWithYou message. Good on y'all. With all the things about racism lately it's nice to see.

In the traveling we've done, the Aussie's are the most well-traveled (and some of the nicest, most laid back people) we've met.

Apparently it's normal for them to travel for months at a time - I guess you kind of have to when it takes up to 24+ hours by plane to get places - still it blows my "two weeks vacation is a long time" American mentality.

I was talking to an Aussie gal on an Amsterdam bike tour about how chaotic I thought Amsterdam and Madrid were and she told me that they are cake compared to Paris in her opinion.

Oy...less and less I'm interested in going to Paris.

I would go back to the southern Basque region of France though!  I brought it up to Jamie that maybe we should move to San Sebastian when we retire. We loved that place....

I think the thought appealed - watch out Donostia we've got our eye on you.

Finished  Sarah MacLean's - No Good Duke Goes Unpunished and Maya Rodale's - The Wicked Wallflower. In the middle of reading paranormal Frozen (it was free on Amazon why not). Also read a YA one...Never Forget.

Of these four, Sarah MacLean is still the favorite. The search continues to find something amazing.